Hello, I'm a Swiss-American artist working in the animation industry. I have prior experience as 2D animator, compositor, layout, background, storyboard and special effects artist in Europe. And currently, I focus on visual development and share my time between coasts.
04.18 - current: Character designer on "Where in the world is Carmen SanDiego?" (airing on netflix in 2019) for DHX Media
10.17 - 12.17: Color and background artist on a feature film for Monkey Tennis Animation in Denmark
05.17 - 09.17: Freelance Concept Artist in New York at:
- Aardman Nathan Love
- Hornet Productions
- Ataboy Studios
04.16 - 08.17: Mentorship with Robert MacKenzie from Blue Sky Studios
- After coming back to the US, I was fortunate enough to meet Bob who took me under his wing. Until his move to London, I followed an informal mentorship with him, meaning we saw each other once or twice a month to work on my visual development portfolio.
10.14 - 04.15: Project Creator at Nadasdy Films in Geneva, Switzerland
- Since my graduation, I’ve always sought to create my own projects, may they be TV shows, short films, games or something inbetween. Hence, I’ve applied and pitched at countless funds through Europe. A Swiss studio even bought an option from me in 2014. However, I was never able to move past initial interest and eventually decided to focus on becoming a concept artist. In the future, I still plan to make my own ideas into reality.
06.14 - 10.15: Illustrator, 2D Layout and Compositing Artist at Folimage in Valence, France
- At Folimage, I worked on an illustrated book, several digital 2D and stop motion projects. Small team size and good relationships with my superiors allowed me to have a lot of responsibilities in my work, specially when it came to shot composition and final look.
02.13 - 01.14: 2D Effects, Rendering and Compositing Artist at TeamTO in Valence, France
- Despite being new to Nuke, I hit the ground running on the fast paced production of “Pacman”. Quickly familiarizing myself with the software, I was able to meet the director’s high expectations when it came to the show’s visual look. Then, on “Babar”, I was responsible for creating the show’s many 2D effects as well as rendering, compositing and color grading the shots. Thanks to myanimation skills and understanding of color, I was able to raise the quality of the season’s visual flair.
04.09- 09.11: 2D Animator, Storyboard Artist and Project Creator at Les Tanukis in Valence, France
- I worked on small games, a TV series and several pitches, including an idea of my own which I presentedat the “Call for Projects” in Annecy. Unfortunately, the studio went bankrupcy in late 2011.
08 - 12.2008: Animation Intern at Cartoon Network in London, United Kingdom
- For my Bachelor’s Degree, I did a 3 months internship during which I worked on inserts for the studio. To do so, I created everything from additional character designs to props, backgrounds and animation.
08.06 - 10.07: Founder and Art Director at Beanstock TV in Viborg, Denmark
- During my time in Denmark, I had the amazing opportunity to co-found a VOD company wih aspirations to create its own content. It was backed by venture capital and had five employees. Despite working insane hours during the startup’s whole existence and its ultimate failure to raise a second funding round, I learned much about running a business and life in general.
2009-2010: “Animation Sans Frontiere” is a set of workshops taking place in four European Schools. Students spend two weeks at each school to learn about telling their own stories and producing them in the context of the European Animation Industry.
2005 - 2009: Bachelor of Arts in Animation at The Animation Workshop in Viborg, Denmark.
- My Bachelor’s project, “Sheep!”, was selected at fourteen different festivals around the world. They include the “Annecy Animation Festival”, “Animafest” in Zagreb, “Cartoons by the Bay” in Italy, “Klick” in Holland, “Bristol Animation Festival” and “Anima Mundi” in Brazil.
2004: Short course in 3D Character Animation at The Animation Workshop in Viborg, Denmark
2001 - 2003: Diploma in Film Studies at “l’Ecole Supérieure d’Etudes Cinématographiques” in Paris, France
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Toonboom, Flash, TV Paint, Maya, Nuke and After Effects
Languages: Fluent in English, French, German and basic Danish